Manager of Public Relations
LOCATION: NEW YORK
Universal Standard is looking for a Manager of Public Relations to lead all public relations functions. The Manager of Public Relations will own both the strategy and execution of Universal Standard’s messaging roadmap for all internal and external communications. An ideal candidate has a breadth of experience in public relations – ideally working in a fast-paced startup environment with a strong brand voice - and is excited to leverage their pre-existing network and continue to build relationships with influencers and the media as an ambassador of the brand. A successful Manager will proactively generate and disperse Universal Standard’s narrative that is creative and consistent across traditional and new media channels.
- Lead all PR activities, proactively create, implement and manage feature strategy seasonally aligned with company image, focusing on development of fashion features across the brand.
- Using strong relationships already established with key media contacts, the Manager is responsible for our PR strategies.
- Lead and execute media strategies at the highest level (i.e. – proactive emails re: company planned events/initiatives, approved visual assets, collection statements)
- Creates features to target applicable audiences and maximize brand visibility through innovative, brand elevating stories.
- Deliver consistent messaging to media outlets.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key editors, online media, bloggers and brand ambassadors.
- Develop and lead blogger strategy with the end goal of relationship building, reaching new demographics and maximizing brand visibility via appropriate partners.
- Develop and lead schedule/pitches for business/fashion/accessory media proactive outreach
- Develop and lead all internal communication.
- Leads media crisis management; proactively strategizes, troubleshoots and creates solutions
- Fields all press calls and responds appropriately.
- Responsible for fashion shows/presentations/events initiatives such as interviews, media inquiries, reviews.
- Manage all local and national media in connection with Universal Standard’s fall roadshow.
- 5+ years experience in Public Relations, Communications and/or Media Relations
- Experience working with a founder-led company
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – has quality relationships with media
- Confident style with the ability to communicate effectively in all forms and at all levels. Manages relationships with external contacts effectively.
- Highly motivated and committed with a can-do attitude – thrives in a start-up environment with enthusiasm, high energy and a determination to deliver top class work
- Smart, individual style in line with Universal Standard’s aesthetic personal appearance